Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Time-X

No End and No beginning of God's love


From the beginning of the written word in our Bibles I’ll read from the book of Genesis;
Genesis 1:1 The Beginning
 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.


Now I will read from the very near end, from the book of Revelation
Revelation 22:12-13 (New International Version)
 12"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
 Now, who in this room can define the word “Beginning” and then “End”? I wish to give a moment to think about those two words,… have you thought about them? Good. Now take your definitions and your understandings of those two words and throw them away, that’s right get rid of them., because of whom and what I am about to speak of next, they do not apply, at all!
 He was here before anything was created, for He is the Creator; and in the end of days the things of this earth, as well as the heavens themselves shall pass away, but His Word shall endure forever.
I think it is safe to say we may not clearly understand all that is being said here, for if we think a moment longer about the content of this statement, which comes from Matthew 24:35 and is reflective of Old testament scripture in Isaiah 51:6 and 55:11, we notice one repetitive fact, the word remains. That word is our covenant, that Word and I am going to capitalize “word” so it reads as in the saying of Jesus Christ name, “The Word” will live on forever.
 Yes, Jesus the son of man had a beginning, and yes, He was crucified and placed in a tomb, but after just three days He arose from the grave as is only possible with God. The Word, He lives, He lives in us, He is out there with us now, you can you feel His presence in this room. Can you feel His presence? If we are still and desire for Him to take up residence within our hearts, our minds and our souls, giving over control of what He already knows will happen in our lives, he is lifting our spirits right now. I’ll ask you again can you feel His awesome and divine presence, within you, here and now.
I pray that you have answered yes. Oh LORD how I pray, I pray that even though our understanding is limited LORD, I pray you would receive our lives as a worthy offering and if we have proved worthy unto you LORD, we would dwell in Your house forever and ever LORD. Though even now Father, I know I am still a sinner, yes LORD, even now as a new creation with a new beginning, let me, let us, not squander the remainder of this life on idle thought LORD. LORD help us each to develop the gifts you have given us to use for reaching out to others, in love LORD and not hate, that they would seek true change in their own lives LORD.
 There is no beginning and there is no end with You LORD. There is only what was and what shall always be and I believe that to be love, LORD. Love shared through Your Son Jesus LORD. I seek that love earnestly LORD and offer these thoughts as prayer and ask them in Jesus name. Amen.
Time and space, two of perhaps the most sought after issues to try and define and explore, sometimes together as in a continuum. Let me reduce this to thoughts of someone before us, Solomon, as in King Solomon, to him entertaining such thoughts were parallel to a chasing after the wind. His interpretation of the water cycle may fit other cycles as well and so I am going to read it to you. In the book which he penned, Ecclesiastes. I’ll be reading from chapter 1, verses 5-7 and in the seventh verse is the content that describes the water cycle.
Ecclesiastes 1:5-7:
 5 The sun rises and the sun sets,
       and hurries back to where it rises.
 6 The wind blows to the south
       and turns to the north;
       round and round it goes,
       ever returning on its course.
 7 All streams flow into the sea,
       yet the sea is never full.
       To the place the streams come from,
       there they return again.
 So we see here several examples of no beginning and no end, in fact these are cycles or circles if you will, so what does this all mean you might ask? Well according to the teacher, Solomon, it is meaningless, but I disagree. I believe what this shows us is how our own lives can become, once we live in Christ and He in us.
 The Bible says in the book of John, John chapter 3, verse 16 and I’m pretty sure we might know this one, it says;
John 3:16 (New International Version)
 16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,  that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
 That means the concept of time, you can’t apply it here, it has no meaning, as it is written here in the Bible we will go to our Father’s house and we shall dwell there forever.
I am going to move away from scripture for a moment, this is in an effort to see how the world might view life on an eternal level or just view life in without terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment