Saturday, February 7, 2015

Father, help us please.

Father God,
I am so thankful you have found me and many others as Your children. And as Your child I know you want the best for me and that You long for many others to seek Your counsel too.
As your child I have a need that needs meeting; it's the need to have You closer to me, but sadly I and many others who have this same need also have desires which push You away. And now Father, I ask for help.
"Abba, Father, will you please break the cycle in our lives which affect my life as well as my children's life?" I/we need Your intervention to break the hold of unhealthy addictions, You know which ones we struggle with.
LORD I know the children were at one time held accountable for the sins of their parents.
Your Word says in the book of Numbers;
"The Lord is slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, forgiving iniquity and transgression, but he will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, to the third and the fourth generation.’ Numbers 14:18 (ESV)
Father let this not be, for I know You are the Father of Mercy and of Grace and these scriptures below show it.
In those days they shall no longer say: “‘The fathers have eaten sour grapes,
and the children's teeth are set on edge.’ Jeremiah 31:29 (ESV)
and
The soul who sins shall die.The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son.The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.
Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV)
Father, let Your will be done as these two latter verses state and not be as the former. We, Your children, who are in crisis brought about by addiction, need your divine guidance and deliverance. We need Your love and we need Your forgiveness, we need Your strength and we need Your children's compassion, we need empathy while we battle our demons.
Father, may I say I/we are afraid that this cycle of release and confinement has broken us down and pushed us to the very edge, the cliff that threatens to give way at any second awaits, seeking to plunge us into the abyss of isolation.
I am worried and I am scared for the lives of the children we have LORD, I'm afraid that they will fall under this curse and I feel helpless to stop it.
But You Father, You can stop this, You can take this away, You can lift me from this edge and You can set me safely in the valley! You can keep the children from following in my steps.
And Father I pray for Your Spirit to fill my veins and to strengthen my/our own spirit when it has become weary, I pray this revolving door will be nailed shut and that another door will open for us that leads us closer to You.
Father, I pray this in Your Son Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment